Monday, June 9, 2008

It's That Time Again: PropsOverHere's 5 Most Anticipated For '08


Last year I actually had to do this twice because only the #5 album on my list actually dropped, but I have been building up my false hope since then in order to bring to you the albums I'm looking foward to this year.

5. DJ Revolution- King Of The Decks

DJ Revolution is a world renown DJ with a fairly unimpressive track record as a producer, given Ed O.G's "Revolution" (which is a nice track) is his finest work as far as I can tell. He is set to showcase his production skills with this producer album on Duck Down which is rumored to include Sean P, Crooked I, Bishop Lamont, Royce 5'9", and Planet Asia amongst a long list of nice MCs.

4. The Game- L.A.X.

Not only is The Game one of the most skilled mainstream rappers (if not the most), he has consistently gets some of the best production. I expect nothing else from this album after the Cool & Dre banger "Big Dreams" and probably one of the more meaningful and creative hip hop tribute songs "Game's Pain". Set for a July release date, this should be the shit for the summer.

3. Raekwon- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2

Here is where I start to set myself up for a letdown. That grimey "Jihad" track with Ghost has me hoping that the album is on its way but I probably thought the same thing when "State of Grace" leaked like three years ago.

2. Nas- [Untitled]

Who knows what this album will end up being called, but I have a good feeling that it's gonna be serious. Nas has gone over my head with this N word message but the tracks I've heard thus far are all quality especially the epic "Hero". Plus, the new mixtape lives up to all the hype. All the signs point toward the next great Nas album.

1. Saigon- The Greatest Story Never Told

This album will be my most anticipated until evey copy of the master is gone from the face of the earth. Most recently, Sai and Just left Atlantic and have full control over the destiny of the album and there are rumors circulating that he'll end up with Jay-Z at Live Nation. Whatever the case, I think (in the right hands) his new track "Better Belive It" with Justin on the AutoTune could blow and that the album may see the light of day in 2008.

No comments: