Monday, July 14, 2008

Album Battlegrounds 2: Black Moon's "Enta Da Stage" vs. Smif-N-Wessun's "Dah Shinin'"

Photobucket



The other day I was listening to Black Moon's classic debut album "Enta Da Stage" and thought about the debates I've seen (on the internets of course) over which Boot Camp Clik album is the best ever. When bumping it I thought it was crazy that anyone would pick another album, but today when I popped in "Dah Shinin,", I was reminded immediately by the first snare on "Timz N Hood Chek" why this topic is so debatable.

Both albums greatly benefit from the grimey basslines, hard hitting drums, and amazing samples provided by Da Beatminerz. While Buckshot's presence in Black Moon gives them a lyrical advantage, the tag team, "P.N.C." element is unique to Smif-N-Wessun.

So which one was better? Obviously I can't decide so I'm interested in what my highly opinionated readership has to say of the matter. I've provided a few tracks and then a poll in which you can make your preference known.

Black Moon "Buck 'Em Down"


Smif-N-Wessun "Shinin'"


Black Moon "I Gotcha Opin"


Smif-N Wessun "Stand Strong"


Black Moon "Who Got Da Props?"


Smif-N-Wessun "Bucktown"




3 comments:

Pete Fresh said...

You're welcome for introducing you to both of these albums

Prop Jo said...

no this post actually isn't about South Park Mexican

Pete Fresh said...

not to start a comment conversation but when i was like "you know black moon?" you said "i only listen to lil' bow wow"