Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PropsOverHere Presents: The Top 20 Rap Duos of All Time


As Rob Base once famously said, "It takes two to make a thing go right". Not much would "go right" for him and DJ EZ Rock after that record, except maybe for "I wanna rock right now" royalty money, but the saying is still applicable to a number of other hip-hop duos. With that in mind, I've counted down my top 20 MC twosomes in the history of rap. Just to make it clear, these were my parameters for a "duo":

1. The group has to consist of two rappers only, unless the third member is a DJ or something that no one really knows about. This leaves out Gang Starr, Reflection Eternal, etc.

2. The duo has to either release at least one album under a joint, group name or release two or more albums otherwise. This leaves out Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg and the like.

The list can now be found on this page. Of course, feel free to recklessly insult me on the rankings.

No comments: